aipass Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Company")
Article 1 (Personal Information)
The term "personal information" means information about a living individual that falls under any of the following categories
- Information that can identify a specific individual by name, address, date of birth, gender, occupation, telephone number, email address, etc. included in the information.
- Information that, on its own, cannot identify a specific individual, but can be easily matched with other information, and through such matching, a specific individual can be identified.
- Personal Identification Code (Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act" (Article 2, paragraph 2)).
Article 2 (Method of collecting personal information)
The company may ask users to provide personal information such as their name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver's license number when they register to use the site.
In addition, The company may collect information about transaction records and payments, including personal information of users made between users and partners, from our partners. (Including information provider, advertiser, advertisement delivery destination, etc.)
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes for which the Company collects and uses personal information are as follows
- Personal authentication of users and provision of the Service for users
- To confirm and respond to opinions, inquiries, and word-of-mouth postings regarding this service (including confirmation of identity)
- Distribution and sending of communications, email newsletters, direct mail, and various notices in connection with the use of this service.
- To investigate and confirm the details of users who violate the Terms of Service or who try to use the Service for illegal or unjust purposes.
- To allow users to view, change, or delete their own registration information and to view their usage status
- Provision of personal information to companies using the Service based on the user's consent or application
- Distribution and display of advertisements, contents, etc. based on attribute information, terminal information, location information, behavioral history, etc., and provision of the Service
- Improvement of this service, development of new services, survey, analysis and marketing of point usage
- Conducting campaigns, questionnaires, monitors, interviews, etc.
- To charge a user for a paid service.
- Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 4 (Change of purpose of use)
- The Company will change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is related to the one before the change.
- If the purpose of use is changed, the Company shall notify the user of the changed purpose of use by the method prescribed by the Company, or announce it on this website.
Article 5 (Provision of personal information to a third party)
- As a general rule, the Company will not provide personal information to a third party without the consent of the user. The Company will provide the information only when the Company have obtained the consent of the user after specifying the recipient and the content of the information provided. This information is provided for the purpose of providing services such as requesting materials, making applications, making reservations, and making purchases to companies using this service.
- The items of personal information to be provided shall be information items within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use among the information obtained from users (including service use history and information corresponding to any action history such as browsing, searching, bookmarking, etc.). The means or methods of providing the information shall be in writing or by sending or transmitting it in an electronic form.
- In the following cases, personal information may be provided without the consent of the user, to the extent that it does not violate the relevant laws and regulations.
- When the user is judged to be causing disadvantage to a third party
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user himself/herself
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, local government, or a person entrusted by such an agency or local government in executing the affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the user is likely to interfere with the execution of such affairs.
- When a court, public prosecutor's office, police department, or other organization with similar authority requests the disclosure of personal information.
- When the user explicitly requests that the information be disclosed or provided to a third party
- When disclosure or provision is permitted by law
- When personal information is provided in connection with the succession of a business due to a merger or other reasons, and it is handled within the scope of the purpose of use prior to the succession.
Article 6 (Disclaimer regarding provision to third parties)
The Company will not be held responsible for the acquisition of personal information by third parties in the following cases
- When the user himself/herself reveals personal information to a company using the functions of the Service or by other means. (Please contact the company directly regarding the handling of personal information by the company using the Service.)
- In the event that the person in question is unexpectedly identified by the information entered into this service
- In the event that personal information is provided by users on external sites linked to this service, and that information is used
- When information (ID, password, etc.) that can be used to identify an individual user is obtained by someone other than the user himself or herself.
Article 7 (Outsourcing of personal information processing)
The Company may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information. The Company shall be responsible for the handling of personal information by its subcontractors.
Article 8 (Use of Statistically Processed Data)
Based on the personal information that the Company have received, the Company will use the statistical data (meaning those stipulated in Article 2, paragraph 9 of the Personal Information Protection Law and limited to those that constitute the anonymously processed information database, etc. stipulated in Article 2, paragraph 10 of the same law) processed so that individuals cannot be identified. The same shall apply hereinafter) may be created.
For statistical data that does not identify an individual, personal information shall be processed in accordance with the standards set forth in the Regulations of the Commission for the Protection of Personal Information and measures shall be taken to ensure its security.
When the Company has created the data concerned, the items of personal information contained in the anonymized information concerned shall be made public in accordance with the rules of the Personal Information Protection Committee, and the Company shall be able to use the data concerned without any restrictions. Personal information items include gender, nationality, age, state of residence, zip code, accommodation reservation, accommodation history, number of people accompanying user, and transaction amount.
Article 9 (Change of personal information, etc.)
- As a general rule, only the user himself/herself can request notification of the "purpose of use of personal information", disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of registered personal information, suspension of use, and suspension of provision to third parties (hereinafter referred to as "change of personal information, etc."). However, the Company may not be able to respond to changes in personal information in the following cases
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
- When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper execution of the Company's business
- In case of violation of other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, as a general rule, information other than personal information, such as history and attribute information, will not be disclosed. In addition, the Company may not respond to changes in personal information when it is necessary to take alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of users when it is difficult to make changes in personal information, such as when a large amount of money is required to make such changes, or when it is otherwise difficult to make such changes.
Article 10 (Correction and deletion of personal information)
- Users can request the correction, addition, or deletion(hereinafter referred to as "correction, etc.") of their personal information to our company when their personal information held by our company is incorrect information.
- In the event that the Company receives a request from a user as described in the preceding paragraph and determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Company will correct, etc. the personal information concerned without delay.
- When a correction is made under the preceding paragraph, or a decision is made not to make a correction, etc., the Company will notify the user of the correction without delay.
Article 11 (Suspension of use of personal information, etc.)
- If the Company receives a request from an individual that personal information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it has been obtained by wrongful means, the Company will suspend the use or delete the information (hereinafter referred to as "suspension of use, etc."). In the event of a request for anonymity (e.g., in the case of anonymity), the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- If, based on the results of the investigation set forth in the preceding paragraph, the Company determine that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Company will suspend the use of the relevant personal information without delay.
- In the event of suspension of use, etc. pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when the Company decides not to suspend use, etc., the Company will notify the user without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, when it is difficult to suspend the use of the Website, etc., such as when it would cost a large amount of money to suspend the use of the Website, etc., and when alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the User, such alternative measures shall be taken.
Article 12 (Accuracy of personal information)
The Company strive to accurately process the personal information user provide to us. However, it is the user's responsibility to ensure that the personal information provided by the user is accurate and up-to-date.
Article 13 (Identity Confirmation)
When a member registers for each web service or uses this service, or when a member requests the disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of use of personal information, the Company will confirm the identity of the individual by using information that can be used to identify the individual (name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, membership number, password, etc.). However, the Company will not be held responsible for the use of information that can be used to identify an individual by someone other than the individual.
Article 14 (Acquisition and Use of Attribute Information, Terminal Information, Location Information, Activity History, etc.)
- Cookies on the device remain on the device until user delete them yourself or they have expired. Most browsers automatically enable cookie acceptance by default, but user can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. However, if user disable cookies, user may not be able to use some of the features of the website or some of the pages may not display properly.
- When a user logs in to use the Service, the Company may use the behavioral history, etc. from before the user logged in to deliver and display advertisements, content, etc., and provide the Service, after identifying the individual, with respect to access logs, etc. in the following cases If user wish to stop receiving these advertisements, etc., please contact the personal information management contact.
Article 16 (Contact for inquiries)
If user have any questions about this policy, please contact at the following
PORTAL POINT HARAJUKU ANNEX 5F, 3-51-7 Sendagaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan